The Plaza España is an architectural complex set in the Maria Luisa Park in the city of Sevilla, Spain and it was designed by the architect Aníbal González. It was built between 1914 and 1929 as the main building and the largest building of the Iberoamerican Exhibition of 1929 and is also the largest of those built in the city during the entire twentieth century, comparable to the other two outstanding historic buildings outside the city, which are the Hospital of the Five Wounds (16th century) and the Royal Tobacco Factory (18th century).
The plaza is of large dimensions (170 meters of diameter), it has a semi elliptical shape that symbolizes the embrace of Spain to his old American territories, it looks towards the Guadalquivir river, to continue to America.
At the beginning, after the end of the exhibition, its final destiny was to become a part of The University of Sevilla. However, after being used during the Exhibition, it became the headquarters of the military government, serving its rooms as the location of the General Captaincy, housing years later the delegation of the central Government in Andalusia and at the same time the Military Museum of Sevilla. Today it houses the sub delegation of government of Spain.