It is a sports venue owned by Real Madrid Club de Fútbol, located in the Paseo de la Castellana, in the Chamartín district of Madrid, Spain. It was inaugurated on December 14, 1947 and its current capacity is of 81 044 spectators. The stadium is classified by the UEFA with the highest distinction, “elite stadium”.
In 1944, the model of the architects Manuel Muñoz Monasterio and Luis Alemany Soler was chosen as the structure that gave shape to the stadium. On October 27, 1944, the lands were blessed and the first stone was laid.